Thursday, October 1, 2009

Acorn charms...







The acorn has been considered to be magical for centuries. Considered to be an emblem of luck, prosperity, youthfulness and power, the Acorn is a good luck symbol. I guess this is why I love collecting acorn caps. I have collected some acorn caps from North Carolina, South Carolina and Connecticut so far. So now that I have all these acorn caps I thought a great way to share them would be to make something out of them. I have made little charms out of the caps that can be attached to bracelets, necklaces or even your little embroidery scissors for keeping your needles sharp. Or just keep one in your pocket to bring you good luck. The large acorn caps from North Carolina are really big ones, one whole inch across the top. So when I have attached the acorn part it measures a whopping 1 3/4" long. The acorn part I have made out of some vintage upholstery velvet that I have been collecting for years. I have filled them with some emery so you can sharpen your sewing needles when needed. If you would like one of my acorn charms please check out my artfire store at http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=view_product

My artfire's name is "madcreations".








No comments:

Post a Comment